We are looking for a qualified SHEQ Manager to join us for an immediate start. The role will centre on being responsible for the H&S Management of our Green, Food Waste and Biomass Processing facilities.
The SHEQ Manager will also be responsible management of, Environmental and Quality in the Envar Business.
Based at our Cambridge facility initially but with regular travel to our other facilities in the South East.
– Act as ‘Competent Person’ for Health and Safety Regulations.
– Maintaining our existing Quality Management System to all relevant industry standards; which includes, reviewing, updating, implementing and training of procedures and practices.
– Maintaining our Health and Safety Management system to all relevant industry standards.
– Ensuring Envar remains compliant with a range of industry specific Accreditation Schemes, which are subject to annual audit and appraisal.
– Ongoing management of our ISO accreditation and look towards gaining ISO 45001.
– Proactive monitoring of relevant industry standards, and having an instrumental influence upon the review of industry specific compliance and legislation.
– Providing advice and guidance to the Operational teams, whether that be strategically, internally or at customer facing meetings.
– Delivering training to Envar employees with regards to QMS procedures, H&S compliance and industry specific certification.
– Creating innovative methods for the operational implementation of industry best practice within our unique service offerings.
– You will contribute positively to your team and other business sectors within the Company and establish good working relationships with your colleagues.
– Demonstrate and build upon appropriate knowledge and skills; maintain qualifications in order to comply with regulations surrounding the equipment and operations within the business.
– You will observe Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, monitoring improvements that could be made to maintain a safe working environment and ensuring the business always remains compliant.
– Knowledge of both Food, Green waste and Biomass wood markets
– Experience preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments essential
– Thorough understanding of Health and Safety System operation and management essential
– Experience collecting and analysing data, and preparing management reports essential
– Experience in the waste industry is desirable
– Knowledge of quality systems and management standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 14001, 45001) an advantage.
The post holder must have:
– NEBOSH General (Diploma preferred) or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
– Computer literacy.
– Full clean driving license essential an the ability to travel through the existing network of sites and visiting customers throughout the South East.
– Strong attention to detail
– Have drive and passion to do the job well
– Have a proactive, problem-solving mind-set
– Confident and engaging management approach
– To provide strong leadership to your team and promote staff engagement and motivation
Note: This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time to time to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
0700-1700 Monday – Friday
Remuneration subject to experience
23 Days Holiday excluding 8 days bank holidays
The correct candidate will be eligible to join company pension scheme.
If you’re interested in this role please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org citing SHEQ manager in the subject line.