Wood chip for pathways, gardens and chicken runs
Wood chip offers a great balance between appearance, durability and economy, when compared to other decorative barks and surface coverings. Wood chip is very free draining but also helps retain moisture where you want it, down in the soil.
- Produced from a mix of hardwood and softwood
- Approximately 5-35mm in size (although there may be some larger chips)
- Highly durable and cost-effective surface covering
- Very free draining but helps to retain moisture in the soil
- Use as a decorative weed suppressing layer around plants, trees or in borders
- Apply wood chip directly onto bare earth to create paths
- Use as a natural alternative to hardcore or chalk in gateways or heavy traffic areas during wet periods
- For pathways we recommend a depth of 100mm
- For beds and borders you will require less but ensure there is an even coverage to achieve effective weed suppression
Our Wood Chip is 100% British, supplied in 900 litre bulk bags.
- Our wood chip helps to suppress weed growth
- Helps to conserve soil moisture
- Robust surface covering which breaks down more slowly than mulch or bark
- Wood chip will eventually breakdown and add valuable organic matter and nutrients to your soil
- Enhances the appearance of new and existing beds and border
- Environmentally friendly
- Peat and compost free
- Easy to apply
- 900 litre bulk bag
(Reusable bag – once your bag of woodland garden mulch is empty it can become a very useful bag for green cuttings and garden waste.)
Please see delivery tab for delivery details and guidance for a successful delivery.