As part of its UK Research and Innovation-funded ‘Closing the Loop for Compostable Packaging’ research project, the Compostable Coalition UK has assembled an advisory board of big name industry and packaging experts, who are also members of the UK Plastics Pact.
They will ensure the research project is objective, empirically robust and supports the priorities and interests of key stakeholders – not least in supporting the attainment of the UK Plastics Pact’s goals for compostability and circularity.
The advisory board members are:
• James Bull, Head of Packaging and Food Waste Strategies, Tesco
• Margaret Bates, Executive Director, OPRL Limited
• Paula Chin, Senior Policy Advisor (Consumption), WWF
• Sam Clough, Senior Packaging Technologist, Marks and Spencer
• Laura Fernandez, Senior Packaging and Sustainability Manager, Ocado Retail Ltd
Tomos Davies from the Compostable Coalition said: “We are delighted to have assembled such a formidable group of packaging and wider industry experts to join our research project. Their insights and expertise will prove invaluable in finessing the research project as well as ensuring the objectivity and robustness of our research trials. With the Advisory Board’s expert input, we are confident the project’s findings can successfully signpost industry and governments towards the necessary policy and behavioural interventions.”