Envar Composting requires a General Manager to join the team at their established composting facility located near Chertsey, Surrey.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall running of the compost operations. Duties will include: The acceptance of green waste, processing to PAS100 QP standard, ensuring compliance with regulations, sales of finished products, logistical planning of inputs and outputs, managing site operational staff, operating plant and machinery and asset maintenance. They will also have P & L responsibility which will include weekly reporting to senior management.
General Manager will also be expected to operate plant, machinery and the weighbridge when required. The role is based in a waste processing environment. The ideal applicant will have a background in agriculture / waste or composting and a good understanding of PAS and Waste Regulations, however training will be provided as required to the right individual.
- Work closely with both the Managing Director to deliver projects and exceed client expectations at every level.
- Support the day-to-day operations, ensuring work is planned in accordance with the project requirements along with the wider programme of works; aligning labour and machinery availability; taking care, ownership and pride in the work commissioned.
- Ensure you and the team complete the necessary records of the operations including timesheets, job sheets and completion notes, recording as much relevant detail as possible to enable timely invoicing, auditing, reporting and wages payments are conducted as expected.
- You will observe Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, monitoring improvements that could be made to maintain a safe working environment and ensuring the business always remains compliant.
- You must ensure effective communication, discipline and interpersonal skills are used to establish a good rapport with your team, whilst providing direction and support to your respective Project Managers to promote motivation and engagement in their work.
- You would be expected to suggest and introduce (with Managing Director approval) new initiatives and efficiencies for the business, with a focus on enabling cost savings, widening of margins and boosting staff morale/engagement/motivation.
- You will contribute positively to your team and other business sectors within the Company and establish good working relationships with your colleagues.
- Demonstrate and build upon appropriate knowledge and skills; maintain qualifications in order to comply with regulations surrounding the equipment and operations within the business.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety and Permitting procedures and Regulations are complied with.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are complied with.
- Good time keeping.
- Loading shovel / Telehandler / 360 experience essential.
- Knowledge/Certification in, PAS100 and Waste Regulations.
- Excellent communicator, liaison with regulators/customers on a regular basis.
- Ability to understand P & L’s and work within budgets.
- Mechanical/engineering skills advantageous
The post holder must have:
- Computer literate.
- Full clean driving license essential.
- Strong attention to detail
- Have drive and passion to do the job well
- Have a proactive, problem-solving mind-set
- Confident and engaging management approach
- To provide strong leadership to your team and promote staff engagement and motivation
Note: This job description is not exhaustive. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their Manager from time to time to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
If you are interested in this role please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org