Envar Composting Ltd requires a Compost Operations Manager to join the team at their established composting facility located in near St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
The Compost Operations Manager will be a key individual, responsible for the overall running of the compost operations. Duties will include: The acceptance of food and green waste, processing of food and green waste to product standard PAS100, ensuring compliance with ABPR regulations, managing site operational staff, operating plant and machinery and asset maintenance.
The role is hands on and the Compost Operations Manager will also be expected to operate plant, machinery and the weighbridge when required. The role is based in a waste processing environment. The ideal applicant will have a background in composting and a good understanding of PAS and ABPR requirements. Training will be provided as required.
Full time position with the addition of weekend and overtime as required. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are complied with.
- Good time keeping.
- Full clean driving license essential.
- Loading shovel / Telehandler certification essential with 360 excavator optional.
- Knowledge/Certification in Animal By-products, PAS100 and pest control.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to understand and work within budgets.
- Mechanic/engineering skills advantageous.
CoTC, IOSH Managing Safely and or NEBOSH certification would be advantageous.
Hours of work:
0700hrs to 1800hrs Monday to Friday with alternate Saturdays on rotation.
Good remuneration package offered to the right candidate. Accommodation and relocation package available if required.
If you are interested in the role and meet the job requirements, please submit your CV, stating your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1 March 2019
Envar Composting is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.